The search for a new Principal is now complete! Mr. Andrew T. Cavacos will begin his tenure as Principal of St. Joseph's Prep on July 1, 2019. Welcome Mr. Cavacos!
- March 19 - Announcement made to entire St. Joseph's Prep community
- March 15 - Decision announced to colleagues and the search committee.
- Late February-early March: Final three candidates at the Prep to meet with several constituent groups--students, colleagues, leadership and parents.
- February: 8 candidates meet in person with the Search Committee over two days. Each candidate is interviewed for 1-½ hours with the committee.
- Early January: Committee decides on the candidates who will be brought to Philadelphia for in-person meetings with the committee.
- Late December: Carney Sandoe provides full dossier including resume and educational philosophy statement on candidates for the position.
Dear St. Joseph’s Prep Community,
As Philadelphia’s Jesuit high school, we have a long tradition of academic excellence in collaboration with a community that values learning: students, parents, colleagues, alumni and friends. As we begin the search for the next Principal of St. Joseph’s Prep, we look to you, citizens of Prep Nation, to help guide our search committee on what our community’s priorities are and the type of person we are looking for in our next Principal.
To help ensure that we conduct a high-level search and attract the best candidates, the Prep has partnered with Carney, Sandoe & Associates (CS&A) to lead our efforts. A leader in recruitment and strategic consulting services for educational institutions, the CS&A team will be led by Bob Regan, founder and head of the firm’s Catholic Schools Practice, and Barbara Daush, who recently retired from her position as President of St. Agnes Academy and St. Dominic School in Memphis, TN, the largest all-girls Catholic school in the state. They both are excited about working with us and look forward to meeting members of our community. For more information on CS&A, click here.
We are grateful to have Mr. Jason Zazyczny '90 in place as our Principal for the current academic year and for his dedication to our school. As we transition, we all benefit from Mr. Zazyczny’s leadership and experience.
The search process we are planning is protocol-driven and built on extensive constituent engagement. Bob and Barbara visited the Prep on October 24 and 25 and held meetings with various members of the Prep community, including trustees and the Search Committee. This visit served to deepen Carney Sandoe’s understanding of our school and to assist the Search Committee in identifying the opportunities and challenges confronting St. Joseph’s Prep and our new leader in the months and years ahead.
On behalf of the Search Committee, we thank you for your support. This is an exciting opportunity, and we look forward to your assistance throughout the search process and beyond.
|Rev. John W. Swope, SJ '72
Chair, Principal Search Committee
| Scott Mullen '99
Vice Chair, Principal Search Committee