ENHANCE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
The Prep will sustain a curriculum that reflects both its roots in the liberal arts and its aspiration to be at the vanguard of student-centered curriculum and instruction. In order to be highly creative in the design of the overall student academic experience, ongoing curriculum innovation and modernization of teacher classroom instruction--including new major redesign of student learning spaces--will become part of its culture.
Reviewed the 1:1 Technology program and found that most find the Chromebooks to be reliable and dependable and that many teachers are responding positively to the technology and working to enhance the technology aspect of their classes ✔️
Creating and Implementing a Student Classroom Experience Survey ✔️
Newly implemented Faculty Professional Development model fosters interdepartmental collaboration to enrich classroom instruction and the student experience ✔️
Hosted a national ResearchEd conference that discussed using a data-driven approach to curriculum ✔️
Taggart Lecture Series featuring former Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter '75 kicked off our Year of Citizenship ✔️
Welcomed exchange students from Spain, Germany and Chile ✔️
Institute monthly Grade Level Meetings ✔️
Begin student perception surveys (underway in Math, English) ✔️
Create inaugural Summer Service Learning Course ✔️
Establish use of online summer remediation classes through Jesuit Virtual Learning Academy ✔️
Hold faculty focus groups re: classroom renovation vision for Villiger Hall ✔️
- Initiate a process for ongoing curriculum review.
- Foster interdepartmental and grade-level collaboration.
- Establish best practices for use in classroom instruction and an environment that instills a love of learning.
- Curriculum at the Prep will be reviewed, and faculty and administration will continue to evaluate the latest educational practices, considering if and how they might be best utilized within that curriculum. Our stakeholders will have a say in this process as well. The review should lead to a broader range of learning opportunities, even stronger learning outcomes and more and more student engagement in learning.
- Students will be introduced to a broader range of learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom. Through classroom instruction and curricular innovation our learners will be positioned to do their best in all things. Students will continue to learn in traditional as well as new ways from motivated, collaborative faculty.
- Families can rest assured that their sons are engaged in learning and fully prepared for their futures in college and beyond being mentored and taught by creative, collaborative and student-centered teachers.
- Introduced a new Professional Development process that will allow cross-subject interaction as well as increased collegiality. It also instills the Ignatian ideal of reflection into the day-to-day classroom teaching practice. Click here to read more about professional development.
- To augment our faculty members' skills in the classroom, teachers and administrators created an implemented a Student Classroom Experience Survey (SCES) to get input from students on the course curriculum, the teachers' style, classroom dynamics and more. Click here to read more about the creation and implementation of a Student Classroom Experience Survey (SCES).