ENHANCE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Rising from our Jesuit academic roots, and embracing our liberal arts model of education, St. Joseph's Prep strives to be at the vanguard of student-centered learning. With its talented, dedicated faculty and challenging and innovative curriculum, the Prep will continue working to ensure that all students are prepared for their experiences at the world's top colleges and universities...and beyond.
- Initiate a process for ongoing curriculum review.
- Foster interdepartmental and grade-level collaboration.
- Establish best practices for use in classroom instruction and an environment that instills a love of learning.
- Curriculum at the Prep will be reviewed, and faculty and administration will continue to evaluate the latest educational practices, considering if and how they might be best utilized within that curriculum. Our stakeholders will have a say in this process as well. The review should lead to a broader range of learning opportunities, even stronger learning outcomes and more and more student engagement in learning.
- Students will be introduced to a broader range of learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom. Through classroom instruction and curricular innovation our learners will be positioned to do their best in all things. Students will continue to learn in traditional as well as new ways from motivated, collaborative faculty.
- Families can rest assured that their sons are engaged in learning and fully prepared for their futures in college and beyond being mentored and taught by creative, collaborative and student-centered teachers.
- Introduced a new Professional Development process that will allow cross-subject interaction as well as increased collegiality. It also instills the Ignatian ideal of reflection into the day-to-day classroom teaching practice. Click here to read more about professional development.
- To argument our faculty members' skills in the classroom, teachers and administrators created an implemented a Student Classroom Experience Survey (SCES) to get input from students on the course curriculum, the teachers' style, classroom dynamics and more. Click here to read more about the creation and implementation of a Student Classroom Experience Survey (SCES).