LIVE OUR CATHOLIC AND JESUIT MISSION
For more than half a millennium, Jesuits and their colleagues have been working to educate young men and women in order to have them go out and transform the world for the Greater Glory of God. Thus the vitality of St. Joseph’s Prep, as Philadelphia’s Jesuit high school is dependent upon the strong programming that directly supports the development of our young men as citizens of the world, prepared and eager to reshape society using the values of Jesus Christ.
"The hallmark of a Jesuit education that St. Joseph's Prep embodies daily prepares our students to critically think as young men of faith, and from that faith invites them to invest in their world with concrete action and compassion."
- Rev. Chuck Frederico, SJ
Senior Director of Mission and Ministry
- Establish an Ignatian Engagement Program for Colleagues.
- Integrate the student formation program to reflect more holistic intentionality.
- Create a culture of engagement and commitment.
- Our Prep colleagues will embody the dignity of their work as a Jesuit school, by embracing their vocation as called and gifted by God, such that these dedicated men and women continue to enhance and sharpen their formation in Ignatian pedagogy and personal spiritual journey.
- Students will enhance their faith through more intentional, integrated and holistic opportunities that better connect academic, cocurricular, service and spirituality programs.
- Students will also experience Prep’s “Cura Urbi” or “care for the city” via a comprehensive, integrated service learning program that connects the urban context of the Prep to their student formation.
- Each constituency within the Prep will re-dedicate itself in a new way to a culture of engagement and commitment wherein each takes on a role as “Citizen” who owns the school’s mission and is fully engaged and committed to the school.
- Introducing the new MobileServe App: Click here to read more about the app and how it better enables our Prep students' service experiences.
- Successful Thanksgiving Food Drive and Operation Santa Claus. Click here to read more about the outcomes of the Thanksgiving Food Drive and Operation Santa Claus.