Class of 2023
Summer Offerings for incoming 9th grade students
The Prep offers two main programs in the summer for members of its incoming Freshman class: the Pre-9th Program and the Study Skills Workshop. Transportation is available for both programs.
The Pre-9th Program is designed to provide incoming freshmen with a rich learning experience that will enable them to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful start to their Prep career. Students enrolled in the Pre-9th Program will receive an in-depth introduction to the Prep’s Latin, English, Math and Science curricula.
Please note: some students in the Class of 2023 are required to attend this program. Those students were alerted to this in their acceptance packets. (Click here if you are required to attend this program and need transportation.) However, ANY member of the incoming freshman class is welcome (and encouraged) to register for the program as well and get a step up on freshman year.
A student may want to register for Pre-9th if:
- He wants an early start on the next 4 years of high school.
- He is interested in getting to know future Class of 2023 classmates.
- He is looking for a way to establish a strong foundation in classes like Latin, English, Math and Science.
- He is ready to strive for the magis (“the more”) by boosting his study skills in these same classes.
He would like to spend some time getting to know his new school and meeting teachers and administrators he may come into contact with during his SJP career.
The Pre-9th Program will begin on Monday, July 1, 2019 and finish on Friday, July 26, 2019. The program runs Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Due to the Independence Day holiday, no classes will be held on July 4 or 5.)
The cost of the Pre-9th Program is $1,700. This does not include any transportation costs, but transportation (either SJP Summer Busing or SJP Shuttle from Suburban Station) is available for an additional fee. If you are interested in learning more about the transportation options for the Pre-9th Program, CLICK HERE.
Study Skills Workshop
The Study Skills Workshop is a three-day session running from 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. each day. The Study Skills Workshop, led by SJP Counselor, Dr. Bill Gillespie, will cost $250. Transportation (either SJP Summer Busing or SJP Shuttle from Suburban Station) is available for the three-day program for an additional $50 fee.
Session 1 - July 15-17
Session 2 - Dates TBD
A student should register for the Study Skills Workshop if:
- He is an incoming member of the SJP Class of 2023.
- He would like to gain a better understanding of the principles of effective study.
- He would like to spend some time getting to know his new school before classes start this fall.
- His schedule cannot accommodate the four-week Pre-9th Program.
>>Click here to register for study skills.
Questions about the Study Skills Workshop curriculum? Please contact Bill Gillespie at 215-978-1038 or email@example.com. Questions about registering for the workshop? Please contact Lorrie McKenna at 215-978-1954 or firstname.lastname@example.org.