Thank you for your interest in St. Joseph’s Prep.
Each year, the Admission Office at the Prep recruits a highly competitive group of young men to enter the 250 spots available in our freshman class.
Our Application Deadline for the Class of 2022 is Friday, November 3, 2017.
Every student who takes the Entrance Exam in November will automatically be considered for a merit-based scholarship to the Prep. However, in order to be considered for Financial Aid, families must complete an online Tuition Aid Data Services application (a.k.a. “TADS application”). The deadline to complete a Financial Aid application is also Friday, November 3, 2017. TADS will begin accepting applications for the Class of 2022 on October 1, 2017.
>>Click here to apply now.
Class of 2022 Application To-Do List:
- Online Application for Admission: Due by Friday, November 3, 2017
Click HERE to apply online.
*Note: A COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION RESERVES YOUR SEAT FOR THE MANDATORY ENTRANCE EXAM.
- Online Financial Aid Application (not required): Due by Friday, November 3, 2017 (Application opens October 1, 2017)
- One Teacher Recommendation: Due by Friday, December 1, 2017
Click HERE for Recommendation Form.
- A copy of your academic transcript for 6th grade, 7th grade, your most recent report card for 8th grade, and any standardized test results: Due by Friday, December 1, 2017
Click HERE for Transcript Form.
Criteria for Admission
Once your application is submitted, all applicants must take the Prep Entrance Exam, administered on the H.S.P.T. (High School Placement Test). Students will also be required to complete an essay at the conclusion of the Entrance Exam. The exam and essay will last three hours.
When reviewing candidates, the Admission Committee will consider your entire Admission file.
Your Admission file includes, but is not limited to:
- Your strong desire to receive a Jesuit education rooted in Ignatian spirituality (Click here to read more about the Prep's mission and identity)
- Your score on the Entrance Exam
- Your thoughtfulness, ability to reflect, and creativity on your Entrance Exam essay
- Your transcript/grades
- Your teacher recommendation
- Your history of leadership in clubs/activities/athletics/
All applicants should strive to achieve mostly "A" grades (or comparative numerical scores) in his 6th and 7th grade final report cards and 8th grade first report card, receive an outstanding recommendation from his teacher(s), and receive a satisfactory score on the Entrance Exam.
Admission decision letters for the Class of 2022 will be mailed late December 2017. For those who apply for aid, Financial Aid decision letters will be mailed no later than mid-January 2018. Note: Admission decision letters and Financial Aid decision letters are mailed separately.
High School Transfers
Click here for complete transfer information.