- Pickup Time: 6:10-7:30am, depending on your bus route and stop
- Departs from Prep: 5:20pm, all buses
- Price: Average price $1,500 - $1800
- Reimbursement for the Prep bus usage is paid directly to the Prep from the following school districts:
- Abington,Colonial, Springfield (Delco), Upper Darby, Southeast Delco, Interboro (partial reimbursement)
- Reimbursement paid to families directly:
- Cheltenham, William Penn (partial reimbursement), Ridley (partial reimbursement)
The Prep contracts with Eagle Wolfington and First Student to provide busing to and from the Prep. The stops and routes are determined based on student population. Student addresses are mapped in a software program to determine the “best fit” for bus stops and routes.
The buses begin pickup times as early as 6:10am, for some routes, and arrive at the Prep between 7:30 and 8am. All buses leave in the evening from the Prep at 5:20pm. Busing is provided either one way (AM or PM) or both ways. If you ride one way, the charge is 75% of the full cost.
The Prep also contracts with the bus companies to take students who are participating in sports and need to be transported to the fields. The bus then transports the students from the fields back to the Prep to meet the 5:20pm, departing time. Bus transportation is provided for: Baseball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track, Rugby, and Spring Crew (PLEASE NOTE: Spring Crew provides transportation to the river ONLY. Students are dismissed from the river and do not return to the Prep.)
Busing is billed three times per year, due 10/15, 1/15 and 3/15. If your township reimburses the Prep directly for service, the Prep will provide the township with your son’s demographic information. Families residing in William Penn or Ridley should contact the district directly for reimbursement.