International students at St. Joseph’s Prep will be challenged and cared for by their teachers, counselors, and coaches in an environment that rewards hard work, embraces difference, and prepares you for whatever lies ahead.
Because you want him to…
- Gain a competitive edge by studying in one of the best countries in the world.
- Stay with a family that you can trust and whose son is part of the Prep community.
- Learn English at a school that has a strong reputation for its excellence
and that will challenge him through a classical curriculum.
- Learn from men and women dedicated to the Jesuit philosophy of education that includes “cura personalis” (or attention to the individual student and respect for his potential).
- Receive an individualized curriculum and care that focuses on his home school requirements.
- Learn more about the American culture by attending a school whose location attracts a diverse mix of students and gives him access to all of Philadelphia’s cultural and historical landmarks.
- Join a brotherhood that permeates life at the Prep, a bond of friendship and family that is incomparable with a commitment to strong moral and ethical values.
At the Prep, young men become “men for and with others,” men who strive to understand not only themselves but also the global world in which they live—and to cultivate the best of both.
We currently accept international students for one-semester and two-semester programs. Because our international students can apply directly with us without needing a sponsoring organization, space is limited and we encourage students to apply as soon as possible.
Our application deadline for the 2018/19 school year is June 1st, 2019.
To apply successfully, each applicant must do the following:
- Submit the Online Application for international students;
- Submit the most recent Transcripts in English;
- Submit an Essay in English titled: Why is an international study program at St. Joseph's Preparatory School important to you? (Minimum of 250 words, maximum of 300 words);
- Submit an official copy of your TOEFL score. TOEFL Jr., iTEP, SLATE and ISEE tests are acceptable as well.
- Submit a copy of your Passport;
- Submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation: one from a teacher of your choice and the other from your English teacher;
- Submit the Health Form verified and signed by a doctor as well as the Copy of your Immunization Records;
- Submit a copy of an International Medical Insurance valid for the entire program time.
- Have a SKYPE Interview with the Director of International Studies.
Please contact Beza Wossene, Director of International Studies, at 267-515-5993 or email@example.com with any questions.
International Recruiting Agents:
- New Oasis International Education
- Ivy International Group
- Asian American Cultural Exchange Association
- Quest Exchange
Our programs are highly customized to fit each student’s individual needs and the requirements from his home school. Please contact Beza Wossene, Director of International Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
International students who come to our school for a short or long-term studying experience live with host families in our community for many good reasons:
- Homestays provide safe language learning environments to try out new words or practice the local language.
- Spending day to day life with a local host family gives foreigners priceless firsthand experiences hardly available in any other way.
- Living in a local home gives endless opportunities to impeccably explore familial traditions of the nation.
All our host families have been carefully selected based on their and the international student’s backgrounds.