SJP Men for Others, Inc.
To embody the life of Rob Currie, S.J. and St. Ignatius in supporting St. Joseph`s Prep through the Prep’s Mission and Ministry Office and to help further Rob`s work among the marginalized in Nicaragua; all the while promoting a lifestyle of being a man for and with others as a student at the Prep and to remain a man for others as a loyal Prep alumnus.
The SJP...Men for Others, Inc. Board of Directors presents 2 awards each year to St. Joe's Prep Junior. Currie`s Canticle,
- Brendan F. Duffy '14
- Evan A. Mazmanion '15
- Thomas A. Koenig '16
- Liam R. Scott '17
- Stephen J. Dierkes '18
- John Fioravanti '19
- Chris Gutt '20
Currie's Canticle: The Chronicles of a Difference Maker, written and researched by Joe Sosnowski '58
In the hope of inspiring all those who read this book to become better human beings, the St. Joseph's Prep Class of 1958 undertook the task of documenting the life of their beloved classmate, Robert Currie, S.J. Within the pages of this book, the reader will find an individual who is living the Gospel of Jesus Christ and who has given his life towards improving the lives of others. Rob has demonstrated, on an international basis, his willingness to sacrifice his own safety and well-being to ensure that the marginalized people he is working with are treated humanely. His work in Chicago, India, Appalachia and Nicaragua, among the poorest and least respected of those areas, are witness to his lifelong commitment to helping make their lives better. The Prep Class of 1958 knows that after reading about this most remarkable individual, you will come to love this man and Jesuit, as they do; even if you might disagree with some of his political ideas.
To purchase a copy of Currie’s Canticle, please contact Bill Conners ’80 at email@example.com or 267-515-5941.
Interested In Joining Our Board?
Please note the following Board Member minimum criteria:
- Attend the quarterly meetings of the board.
- Make a yearly $100 donation (stipend) to SJP...Men for Others, Inc. (Prep faculty members are exempt from this requirement).
- Actively participate in all fundraisers.
- Actively promote the sale of Currie's Canticle.
- Actively promote the annual 50-50 drawing to classmates, family and friends to help fund the causes of SJP...Men for Others, Inc.
- Support all the causes of SJP...Men for Others, Inc.
- The Annual Award ($500 stipend and Man for Others plaque) to a Prep Junior who demonstrates the qualities of being a Man for Others
- The funds to Rob Currie for his use in promoting his causes within the Arenal, Nicaragua community; current support of university student incidentals
- Funding of supplies required during the annual visit of a doctor to Arenal, Nicaragua
- Funding support for other Prep Ministry Projects such as Cura Personalis, Kairos, Service Trips, etc.
- Funding future Men for Others awards/stipends that would promote the organization's mission statement