St. Joseph Scholarship
Generously presented by Jim Agger ’54
In Memory of Rev. William Lynn, SJ
The St. Joseph Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition merit scholarship given to one incoming freshman who demonstrates the highest standard of excellence in academics, character and leadership. This award, presented annually, has been generously funded by Jim Agger ’54. A loyal graduate who has been an active supporter of his alma mater, Jim graciously credits the Prep with his success and wants to support future generations of students as they receive their educational foundation.
This scholarship is presented in memory of Rev. William Lynn, SJ, who, as a Jesuit scholastic, had a lasting influence on Jim. Fr. Lynn taught Latin and French during his three years at the Prep (1950-53) while in formation to become a Jesuit priest.
The St. Joseph Scholarship is given to a student whose academic and personal profile is clearly a cut above those competing for merit scholarships and a place in the incoming freshman class. The St. Joseph Scholar will:
- have achieved a top score on the SJP Scholarship/Entrance Exam
- have earned superior marks in 6th, 7th and 8th grades
- possess outstanding character and leadership qualities as outlined in his application as well as attested to by others in robust letters of recommendation (from teachers, school administrators, coaches, peers, etc.)
- have provided a well-written and thought-provoking essay
- have performed well in a personal interview with the SJP Office of Admission
- have a strong desire to receive a Jesuit education rooted in Ignatian spirituality (Click here to read more about the Prep's mission and identity.)
This scholarship includes full tuition for four years (excluding fees). The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the St. Joseph’s Prep Admission Office from among all applicants for admission; there is no separate application for this scholarship.