Thank you for your interest in St. Joseph’s Prep.
Each year, the Admission Office at the Prep reviews a highly competitive group of young men to fill approximately 220 spots available in our freshman class.
Regarding Financial Aid:
In order to be considered for Financial Aid, families must complete an online Financial Aid Application via Tuition Aid Data Services(a.k.a. “TADS application”). The deadline to complete a Financial Aid application for the incoming freshman class year is Friday, November 1, 2019.
>>Click here for more information on financial aid and to fill out a TADS application.
Class of 2024 Application To-Do List Deadlines:
- Online Application for Admission: Due by Friday, November 1, 2019 (late applications are accepted on a limited basis)
- Online Financial Aid Application (optional): Due by Friday, November 1, 2019
- One Teacher Recommendation: Due by Monday, November 25, 2019
- A copy of your academic transcript for 6th grade, 7th grade, your most recent report card for 8th grade, and any standardized test results: Due by Monday, November 25, 2019
Criteria for Admission
Once your application is submitted, all applicants must take the Prep Entrance Exam, administered on the H.S.P.T. (High School Placement Test). Students will also be required to complete an essay at the conclusion of the Entrance Exam. The exam and essay will last three hours.
When reviewing candidates, the Admission Committee will consider your entire Admission file.
Your Admission file includes, but is not limited to:
- Your strong desire to receive a Jesuit education rooted in Ignatian spirituality (Click here to read more about the Prep's mission and identity)
- Your score on the Entrance Exam
- Your thoughtfulness, ability to reflect, and creativity on your Entrance Exam essay
- Your transcript/grades
- Your teacher recommendation
- Your history of leadership in clubs/activities/athletics/
All applicants should strive to achieve mostly "A" grades (or comparative numerical scores) in his 6th and 7th grade final report cards and 8th grade first report card, receive an outstanding recommendation from his teacher(s), and receive a satisfactory score on the Entrance Exam.
Admission decision letters for the Class of 2024 will be mailed late December 2019. For those who apply for aid, Financial Aid decision letters will be mailed no later than mid-January 2020. Note: Admission decision letters and Financial Aid decision letters are mailed separately.
High School Transfers
Click here for complete transfer information.